Under the guidance of Julia Flatman, Senior Associate Lecturer, School of Visual Arts, and as part of their unit: Defining practice 1, Level 4 Fine Art Students were given the opportunity to develop work in response to MoDiP.
The learning outcomes of the unit include being able to:
- demonstrate an enhanced understanding of the nature and character of fine art;
- show awareness of the relationship between practice and context;
- apply technical knowledge and skills in the realisation, documentation and presentation of work.
Each student responded in his or her own way but four themes emerged:
- the meaning of collecting and collections;
- the re-contextualisation implicit in any museum display;
- the values associated with artefacts in museums;
- plastics, MoDiP's focus.